Video Game Maddness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Game Maddness

A Video Game based Roleplay site, where you Roleplay as a Canon Video Game Character, or your own Custom Character.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Everyone Please Read

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Desmond
Desmond

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-01-02

Character Status
Level: 1
Health:
Everyone Please Read Left_bar_bleue50/50Everyone Please Read Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)
Skill Points:
Everyone Please Read Left_bar_bleue40/40Everyone Please Read Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)

Everyone Please Read Empty
PostSubject: Everyone Please Read   Everyone Please Read Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:39 am

I don't mean to sound like an @$$ here, but I just noticed a few things..

Several Members of the site, I'm not pointing at anyone or saying any names, have a habit of doing stuff like this;
"What r u gonna do?"Miku asked. "R u gonna fight?" Akita said after.

And that's all.. I'm just saying there are quite a few things bugging me with that post.. For instance, if I were to post that EXACT same thing, I'd do something like this;
"What are you going to do?" Miku asked. "Are you going to fight?" Akita asked after.

Notice how I used three different colors. One for one character, one for narratives, and one for the second character. This makes it easier to identify who is talking and if someone is talking. Now onto the next thing that's been bugging me.

"What are you going to do?" Miku asked. "Are you going to fight?" Akita asked after.

That's too short, in my opinion. I think everybody needs to post at least one paragraph if not more. Maybe something like this would suffice;

Miku glared at the enemies as she slid her hand through her hair, grinning sinisterly as she lowers her hands behind her back, slowly sliding her katana out from it's sheath. "What are you going to do?" She asked, standing in her ready position, her katana in front of her. "Are you going to fight?" Akita continued, one of her hands on the holster of her katana, the other on the hilt of the blade, gripping it tight at the ready to strike at any moment.

Okay, I'm going to be quite frank here, people.. the posts on this sight dissappoint and honestly anger me. I mean come on, people.. if this site is ever to reach maximum succession, we're gonna have to do better RPs and we have to make them longer than three pages, long and interesting.. I saw one topic that Aster had started a while ago, the one about Super Smash Brothers? Either way, I'm saying we need to do alot better.
Back to top Go down
Fawful
Fawful

Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2009-12-05

Character Status
Level: 8
Health:
Everyone Please Read Left_bar_bleue130/130Everyone Please Read Empty_bar_bleue  (130/130)
Skill Points:
Everyone Please Read Left_bar_bleue120/120Everyone Please Read Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Please Read   Everyone Please Read Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 am

To me,the fights are good how they are.Just why can't we get rid of the dice roll thing at the bottem?

Last edited by Fawful on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sonic
Founder
Founder
Sonic

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Character Status
Level: 32
Health:
Everyone Please Read Left_bar_bleue765/765Everyone Please Read Empty_bar_bleue  (765/765)
Skill Points:
Everyone Please Read Left_bar_bleue755/755Everyone Please Read Empty_bar_bleue  (755/755)

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Please Read   Everyone Please Read Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 am

The member 'Fawful' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Roleplaying Dice' :
Everyone Please Read Dice1
Result :
Everyone Please Read Dice4
Back to top Go down
https://videogamemaddness.forumotion.com/
Netko
Netko

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Character Status
Level: 4
Health:
Everyone Please Read Left_bar_bleue80/80Everyone Please Read Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)
Skill Points:
Everyone Please Read Left_bar_bleue70/70Everyone Please Read Empty_bar_bleue  (70/70)

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Please Read   Everyone Please Read Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:08 pm

I understand what you mean Desmond, but i may be very slow at replying if write long sentnces because my PC isn't working right now so im using my PSP's internet browser, and the virtual keyboard takes a bit of time to write, and certain fetures on this site E.G Colours, Bolding text won't work for me. If ya know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bramblefang.proboards.com
Desmond
Desmond

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-01-02

Character Status
Level: 1
Health:
Everyone Please Read Left_bar_bleue50/50Everyone Please Read Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)
Skill Points:
Everyone Please Read Left_bar_bleue40/40Everyone Please Read Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Please Read   Everyone Please Read Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:46 pm

Fawful: The dice rolls are used to special skills from time to time, so they must remain in-tact

Netko: Okay, I understand that. But to the people who are on laptops, I really think people should be posting longer posts.
Back to top Go down
Fawful
Fawful

Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2009-12-05

Character Status
Level: 8
Health:
Everyone Please Read Left_bar_bleue130/130Everyone Please Read Empty_bar_bleue  (130/130)
Skill Points:
Everyone Please Read Left_bar_bleue120/120Everyone Please Read Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Please Read   Everyone Please Read Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 5:23 pm

I get it,I get it.
Back to top Go down
Sonic
Founder
Founder
Sonic

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Character Status
Level: 32
Health:
Everyone Please Read Left_bar_bleue765/765Everyone Please Read Empty_bar_bleue  (765/765)
Skill Points:
Everyone Please Read Left_bar_bleue755/755Everyone Please Read Empty_bar_bleue  (755/755)

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Please Read   Everyone Please Read Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Alright, well trust me, I know for a fact Mario and I can do long paragraph-descriptive posts. But, most of the time we just choose not to. Usually when I'm on this site over the school year I don't have much time to be on.
I really understand what you mean though Desmond, I would like it if people would put a little more effort into roleplaying than: "R u gonna fiite?" She asked, "Yea" he said. Those posts honestly, anger me too. But I usually don't mind short posts, as long as you use correct grammar. I think it's really a persons choice if they want to do long posts or short.
I know sometimes the topics do call for paragraph long posts (or more,) and thats when I'll do them. But if I'm in just a casual battle or fight, I'm not going to go all out on the descriptiveness.
For the most part, VGM is just a casual roleplay site. We've seen all kinds of users on here in the past two years, from people like you, who love descriptiveness and those who aren't as.... 'descriptive' with their posts. I really don't mind how someone roleplays as long as I can read their posts easily.
It's nice if someone is descriptive, but some people don't have the time, some can be descriptive but just don't bother, and frankly some people just can't. So I let people roleplay how they want. Like I said before, it's there choice.
Back to top Go down
https://videogamemaddness.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Please Read   Everyone Please Read Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everyone Please Read
Page 1 of 1