Video Game Maddness

A Video Game based Roleplay site, where you Roleplay as a Canon Video Game Character, or your own Custom Character.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I guess this is the end...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Did you enjoy the website?
Yes
88%
 88% [ 7 ]
Sorta
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
I'm new, I don't have enough memories!
12%
 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Mega Man

Number of posts : 1335
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Character Status
Level: 14
Health:
235/235  (235/235)
Skill Points:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: I guess this is the end...    Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Well...I realize how I'm usually NOT supposed to post in this particular place, but this seems urgent (for anyone who still is around now a days...Razz). I'm not sure if Mario was on 2011 Dec. 28, or if it was 2010, but either way, Sonic, the admin who made this exceedingly magnificent website, hasn't been on at all...and my best guesses are...
1. He has moved on to bigger things in life.
2. School like high school or college/university has kept him WAAAY too busy.
3. He lost internet (highly unlikely).
4. He is dead (also highly unlikely).

It's not that I don't care about the site (this is coming from the guy who has been off for 6 months...Sad), but I do think this is the end...so in case anyone is still around, they may want to say their final goodbyes, because as I said about 7 seconds ago, this truly is the end...post the history you have went through on this site...and farewell...

User When First Registered: Giratina

User Other Than Recent Who Has Greatest Memories: Shadow

Recent User: Mega Man

Final Message (unless revived): This has been a wacky ride through the internet. I was really hoping that Mario and I were able to finish off the robot masters, but alas, it doesn't look like this is happening the way the site has been falling...and at first, like everyone on the site, I acted stupid. But unlike many other forums, this site had fantastic moderators (Kirby, Mario and many others) and the best admin (Sonic) I have seen on a forum. And also, the site WAS quite popular. I found it while searching Tails on Google (yeah I know, weird huh?) and became addicted to role-playing right away. With a well-built community, this was one forum not to pass up on. But as the years went by, over half of the users left, and all moderators with the exception of Mario and Sonic (if you consider an admin a moderator). They didn't give up, but about 9 months later, Sonic seems to disappear. He came on once every two months around. And one of those days, I was appointed a moderator, the only other one besides Mario. If anyone is reading this from back in the 2007-2011, I'm sorry, but you had to see this coming one day as soon as Sonic stopped his daily routine. Users from late 2011-later years, this site may be considered (unless Sonic comes and runs the site again) DEAD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://videogamemaddness.forumotion.com
Fawful

Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2009-12-05

Character Status
Level: 8
Health:
130/130  (130/130)
Skill Points:
120/120  (120/120)

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is the end...    Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:21 pm

Date joined: 5/12/09 OR 12/5/09.

Username when first registered: Fawful

Members I remember: Dark Chaos Flame (Mai-So-He-Hi or something like that)
Mario
Megaman
Favorite topic in 2011: X-Nauts
Favorite in 2010: The Hunter

Goodbye for now. I tried to revive it, but alas, I couldn't(not to sound like Holmes here). I'm known on this site well, so I hope you can send me an email if this site is revived. That is my one favor I ask.

Email: Yoshieggcw@gmail.com

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sora

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Character Status
Level: 2
Health:
60/60  (60/60)
Skill Points:
50/50  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is the end...    Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:22 am

User When First Registered: Sora

User Other Than Recent Who Has Greatest Memories: Sora

Recent User: Sora

Final Message (unless revived): Well, this has been a great pleasure. I found this looking up Super Smash Brothers Roleplay on forummotion. I wanted to roleplay my favorite character, Roxas, but I thought he was taken. So I picked Sora instead, and waited a month for Sonic to come back and approve. He did eventually. This was my first roleplay site, and I was a bit of a noob at times, and I was and still am slightly shy. I met some great users and friends, but not for long before this site went down the drain. I'm sorry I left for a little while while we were discussing a final thread, and I'll still check every once in a while. Things are ending on a sour note, and surprisingly I don't have many regrets. I only regret a couple of things: I never was able to roleplay Roxas, this site had so much promise and fun, and that some people were opposed to trying to save it. So, this might be farewell, but who knows? Yeah, this is pretty much goodbye, so bye. It's been a pleasure being with all of you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bass (Forte)

Number of posts : 1658
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Character Status
Level: 17
Health:
300/300  (300/300)
Skill Points:
290/290  (290/290)

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is the end...    Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:30 pm

User When First Joined: Shadow

User Other Than Recent Who Has Greatest Memories: Lloyd

Recent User: Bass

Final Message (unless revived): It pains me to say, but I hadn't tried to revive this place, mainly because of the lack of active staff. Nevertheless, though, this was my stomping grounds. I will remain optimistic, and hope that someday this site will be looked upon by it's senior members, but age is the biggest factor that lead to the destruction of the great VGM Empire. PEople got too old to keep track of forums.

I share some of my greatest memories here. Without this site, I would have never gotten into roleplaying, I would have never found WCC, I would have never had the greatest friends I've met in my whole life. These have been great years. God Bless you all.

~Jay
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://soniccreation.forumotion.com/
Protoman

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Character Status
Level: 4
Health:
90/90  (90/90)
Skill Points:
80/80  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is the end...    Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:38 pm

User When First Joined: Ike? (unconfirmed, I can't remember x3)

User Other Than Recent Who Has Greatest Memories: Ike, if he was my first.

Recent User: Protoman

Final Message (unless revived): I will miss all of you. It's a shame nothing could be done (KEYLOGGER) but we have nothing to build from. With no admin, the site is doomed. I am sad to say goodbye, as here is where I started. If you compare my first messages to how I post now, you will see a huge difference. I learned that here. I thank you all. I hate to say goodbye, but unless Sonic returns, at least to appoint another admin, it IS goodbye. As Jay said, VGM introduced me to foruming, and then to WCC. I would be completely different, one hundred percent, one thousand percent, infinitely.
~Swufty, Protoman

(Btw, serious about the keylogger. I don't want to, but the idea is up...)

EDIT: Keylogger was the wrong word. I was referring to a program that runs through password combinations.)

Last edited by Protoman on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonic
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Character Status
Level: 32
Health:
765/765  (765/765)
Skill Points:
755/755  (755/755)

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is the end...    Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:38 pm

User When First Joined: Solid Snake

User Other Than Recent Who Has Greatest Memories: Goku

Recent User: Sonic

Final Message (unless revived): I've had a lot of great times on this site. I haven't always been consistent with my care for this site, but Mario helped alleviate that for me. How time flies... It's been four and a half years since I created this site. I was only in 8th grade when I did Razz . Over the years my interest in this site has unfortunately dwindled, and I got swept up with other aspects of my life. For that I apologize, I should have had more foresight and appointed another admin. Although, Mega Man did a remarkable job keeping this site alive as the sole Moderator left, (for which I cannot thank you enough). I never completely forgot about this site though. In the past two years of absence, I've checked in now in then (not logging in mind you) to see if VGM was doing all right. The topics were consistent and so was the roleplay (although not as nearly as plentiful as VGM's heyday) so I never bothered doing anything. But I have not checked in on this site in a long time, and since my last visit, this site has all but died. I created this site October 1st, 2007. Now over four years later, after being revived several times and seeing hundreds of members, this site faces extinction. I thank you all for your passion and interest in this site. Hopefully, with my return all of us-new and old members-can bring this site back from the dead. (What's one more time, huh?) I've e-mail'd you all and I hope you all get my message and return to this site. If I could hope for one thing, it would to bring this site back to where it was when it was in it's prime. These past four years on VideoGameMaddness have made my life a lot more fun, and hopefully they've done the same for you. This may be our final farewell, but it doesn't have to be. But that's all up to you.

Sorry if I rambled there. I didn't bother to separate it into paragraph form or any cohesive structure. Razz

I'll probably copy what I said here and make it into an announcement including some special thanks. Thank you for making this topic Mega Man, and thanks to all who posted here. This site would have been nothing if it wasn't for members like you.

Mario
Head Mod
Head Mod

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Character Status
Level: 32
Health:
765/765  (765/765)
Skill Points:
755/755  (755/755)

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is the end...    Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:22 pm

User When First Joined: Master Chief

User Other Than Recent Who Has Greatest Memories: Mario

Recent User: Mario

Final Message (unless revived): This site has so many incredible memories for me: even when it first started, I knew it was something special. Over the years, several members came and left, memories were gained, and friendships were made, but I'd like to thank Mega Man for his undying devotion to the site and also for being a great friend of mine in general. Has it really been over a year since I've last logged on? Time sure has gone by fast. Video Game Maddness used to be my favorite thing to do during the day. It was my first Forum site and definantely the most significant one to me. Over the past 4 plus years I usually went on daily, but more then once I dwindled and remained inactive for an extended period of time. I do regret not being able to give this site the attention and devotion it deserves in recent months and I truly appreciate everyone who has logged on to keep this site alive. I would love to see all of the old members to return to the site and for VGM to be revived and flourish with activity and joy like it used to.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is the end...    

Back to top Go down

I guess this is the end...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1