Video Game Maddness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Game Maddness

A Video Game based Roleplay site, where you Roleplay as a Canon Video Game Character, or your own Custom Character.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sonic
Founder
Founder
Sonic

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Character Status
Level: 32
Health:
VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Left_bar_bleue765/765VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Empty_bar_bleue  (765/765)
Skill Points:
VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Left_bar_bleue755/755VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Empty_bar_bleue  (755/755)

VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Empty
PostSubject: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:20 pm

I'm going to be changing the leveling up system and the world leaders/guilds system tonight. Don't worry the level ups is not a big change and if your under lvl 6 it won't even affect you. And if your above lvl 5 it's going to make you stronger. Razz And I'm going to change how the guilds are created and handled.

I'll post here later when I'm finished with my ideas. I'm still tinkering with a few things right now but it'll just be a couple hours before I post it. Very Happy

Last edited by Sonic on Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://videogamemaddness.forumotion.com/
Sonic
Founder
Founder
Sonic

Character Status
Health:
VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Left_bar_bleue765/765VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Empty_bar_bleue  (765/765)
Skill Points:
VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Left_bar_bleue755/755VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Empty_bar_bleue  (755/755)

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:10 pm

Ok I just edited the leveling-up system. Heres whats new: Every 500 posts theres a thing called a "Level-Break" thats when your HP/SP gains an extra 5 HP/SP per level. You continue to get level breaks every 500 posts until level 21. Then it grows at the rate it is then. (Which is 30)

Example: When your levels 1-6 you go up by 10 HP/SP per level. When your levels 7-11 you go up by 15 HP/SP per level. When your levels 12-16 you go up by 20 HP/SP per level. When your levels 17-21 you go up by 25 HP/SP per level. And finally when you hit levels 22-26 your HP/SP goes up by 30 HP/SP and for the rest of career on VGM your HP/SP will go up by 30 points each level, no more, no less.

Also your standard attack now goes up by 15 damage each level-break now too. But unlike your HP/SP it never stops going up by 15 each level break.

Example: When your levels 1-5 your standard attack does 10 damage. When your levels 6-10 your standard attack does 25 damage. When your levels 11-15 your standard attack does 40 damage. When your levels 16-20 your standard attack does 55 damage. Etc.

If your having problems with any of this new information please don't feel shy and PM me if you need help.
Now I'm off to edit the guilds! Razz

EDIT: Nothing changes for Amigos!
Back to top Go down
Sonic
Founder
Founder
Sonic

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:43 pm

Onto the guilds... I'm deleting all the guilds right now. Also I have deleted the World Leaders as they were absolutly pointless. There will only be FOUR guilds. Even though it sounds extremely cheepo and unfair I'm going to have one of them..., So theres really only three guilds avaliable..

So if you would like to OWN a guild. And become a GUILD LEADER. Please reply here with the following template filled out: (Also guilds are going to have new functions once I get everything straightened out.)

Guild Leader Template:

Name:

Name of Guild:

What does your guild stand for: (What values do they have? Are they mercenaries? Are they good? Evil?)

Guild Headquarters:

Why should I pick you?:

What have you done for the site?:

Do you think you deserve it?:

Recommendations: (People can post here to recommend someone for being a guild leader)

Last edited by Sonic on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Kirby

Number of posts : 1291

Character Status
Level: 13
Health:
VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Left_bar_bleue215/215VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Empty_bar_bleue  (215/215)
Skill Points:
VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Left_bar_bleue205/205VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Empty_bar_bleue  (205/205)

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 4:37 pm

Name: Kirby

Name of Guild: Puffballs United

What does your guild stand for: Puffballs United is a group of underground peace keepers. ((the're the NEUTRAL law enforcer type. if any group steps outta line, we'll be there to put 'em back in their place! pig))

Guild Headquarters: Dreamland

Why should I pick you?: I did have a guild previously, and I think if I had one it'd be the best one!

What have you done for the site?: I have been a good moderator/head mod, I enforce rules and don't spam. I also help new users.

Do you think you deserve it?: Well, maybe. I think I do, but does that change anything?

Recommendations: Mario.

Last edited by Kirby on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriorclancats.forumotion.com
Bass (Forte)
Bass (Forte)

Number of posts : 1659
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Character Status
Level: 17
Health:
VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Left_bar_bleue300/300VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
Skill Points:
VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Left_bar_bleue290/290VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Empty_bar_bleue  (290/290)

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:16 pm

Name:Emil

Name of Guild:Sylvaranti Swordsmen

What does your guild stand for: We use swords for good. We Stand for the world of VGM

Why should I pick you?:I am great with the site

What have you done for the site?:I was a mod before the demotions

Do you think you deserve it?: OF COURSE!

Recommendations: Anyone???

Guild Headquarters:Sylvarant (Well,If it was still a world)

Last edited by Emil on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://soniccreation.forumotion.com/
Sonic
Founder
Founder
Sonic

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:49 pm

Anyone else? Ya know these guilds are probably gonna be permanent.

ALSO!! I"VE ADDED HEADQUARTERS TO THE TEMPLATE!! EMIL KIRBY PLZ ADD THAT!

The only reason I have it so big is that you'll read it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mario
Head Mod
Head Mod
Mario

Registration date : 2007-10-02

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:07 pm

Name: Mario

Name of Guild: (I'll think of one soon...)

What does your guild stand for?: This Guild is mainly a neutral but also a good Guild that helps out the other Guilds that are close to death or that need assistance against unfair odds. They rarely get into matters of others.

Guild Headquarters: Mushroom Kingdom

Why should I pick you?: Because I would make a Guild that would be very fun for all the users who joined and I would check in daily to make sure they enjoyed it.

What have you done for the site?: I always keep the site running in your absence, I've been a Moderator since day one and always correct creations, I help every user who asks and every user I find who has a problem, and I am very reliable with every aspect of Forum sites.

Do you think you deserve it?: I think that overall I deserve it, but that's not my choice.

Recommendations: Frank West

Last edited by Mario on Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mario22.newgrounds.com/
Ellis
Ellis

Number of posts : 1186

Character Status
Level: 12
Health:
VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Left_bar_bleue195/195VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Empty_bar_bleue  (195/195)
Skill Points:
VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Left_bar_bleue185/185VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Empty_bar_bleue  (185/185)

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:40 pm

Oops, I guess I didn't read far enough...
Mario, I recommend you! Smile

Name: Frank West

Name of Guild: Zombie Busters

What does your guild stand for: My guild is meant to help people and get rid of the zombies (or other unpleasent creatures, xD zombies are just our specialty) in the world of VGM

Guild Headquarters: Willamette Mall

Why should I pick you?: ...Uh...I've done alot for the site, I've started to get more active on the site. And the poor guy lost his laptop *puppydog eyes* xD

What have you done for the site?: Entertainment Page (I WANT to update it, but I can't since I'm not an admin anymore >_>), I've done the Monthly Word of the Wise, (I don't think I'll get April's by..well..April Neutral), I've contributed and suggested many worlds, topics, and categories.

Do you think you deserve it?: Ehhhhh...A big downside to me is that I change characters.......alot....so...I do because I'm kind of a hard worker, but I don't cuz I sometimes can't make up my mind

Recommendations: I believe Mario said something about it...
Back to top Go down
Sonic
Founder
Founder
Sonic

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:19 am

Is this everybody who would like to become a guild leader? Because if so I think I got an idea of who I'm gonna pick. Also I deleted your old guild app topic Frank because I see Mario showed you this one. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Ellis

Character Status
Health:
VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Left_bar_bleue195/195VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Empty_bar_bleue  (195/195)
Skill Points:
VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Left_bar_bleue185/185VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Empty_bar_bleue  (185/185)

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:46 pm

Yeah, thanks for doing that, lol
Back to top Go down
Sonic
Founder
Founder
Sonic

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:20 pm

Hmm... I'll wait till Friday for more applications then I will post who has become guild leaders.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Ellis

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:42 pm

Great!...If I'm not grounded, I'll check in. You see, I have a book report due on Thursday, and if it isn't done, I get one letter grade down in reading, and I either have a B- or a C+, either way, it won't be pretty...
Back to top Go down
Sonic
Founder
Founder
Sonic

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:57 pm

Well... A B- isn't too bad... But a C+ i sorta stretchin it. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Ellis

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:47 pm

I'm doomed!! I found out that I cant do my report over that book!! T-T I need to take and pass a test tomarrow, which is impossible.

The soonest I can take the test is Noon, and we are doing these at 10:30 AM...There's no way I can pass this assignment.
Back to top Go down
Sonic
Founder
Founder
Sonic

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:03 pm

Sry man..... Sad Hopefully you won't be grounded to long..
Back to top Go down
Mario
Head Mod
Head Mod
Mario

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:12 pm

I'm really sorry. Do you know how long you'll be grounded if you don't do well?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Ellis

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:37 pm

A month...maybe two tops
I'm on page 57 out of 92 in this new book (picked a SHORT one, but its so boring, I keep nodding off...Sleep ) It's called The Birds' Christmas Carol by Kate Douglas Wiggin
Back to top Go down
Mario
Head Mod
Head Mod
Mario

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:01 am

I've never heard of it. Although by what your saying it dosn't sound like something I shold look at.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Ellis

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:51 am

lol, I'm finshed reading it, though now I need to make a mobile out of coat hangers and index cards >_< I hate my reading teacher
Back to top Go down
Sonic
Founder
Founder
Sonic

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:45 pm

.... A mobile out of coat hangers and index cards? -_- Are you kidding me?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Ellis

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 6:03 pm

Nope, but good news! The earliest I could take the test was moved back to 9:45, so I got the test taken and got a 100%!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mario
Head Mod
Head Mod
Mario

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:44 pm

That's great Frank! Very Happy You don't get grounded either!
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Ellis

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:10 pm

Yeah, lol (Idk about you, but we get 4, 9 week periods, and we have to do a book report each time) Next time, I'm doing my book report as soon as she tells us about it.

My Teacher:
"Okay, we have a book report due at the end of-"

Me:
*Pulls out book*

My Teacher:
"-The week. You need to be prepared and have-"

Me:
*Turns page*

My Teacher:
"Your test results ready. Any questions?"

Me:
"Yeah, can I take my test now?"

xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:37 pm

Name: Tails

Name of Guild: High-fliyers

What does your guild stand for: they stand for good!

Guild Headquarters: Rouge port

Why should I pick you?: because I am going on way more often now and have had experience with running a guild.

What have you done for the site?: I have been a member for ages and (Though it seems none of this has gotten through to the admins) have suggested some things, by the way sonic, Could we make an Item creation thing? Like, I could have my chaos emerald and mario could have his super mushroom etc.

Do you think you deserve it?: Yes I do, I think I would do wonderful at this!

Recommendations: sorry, none yet!
Back to top Go down
Sonic
Founder
Founder
Sonic

Character Status
Health:
Skill Points:

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:09 pm

We had an item creation a little before you went on Tails it was called 'Smash Items' (Emil may remember it I'm not sure...) it was Neku's idea. And there was confict on how much damage stuff should do with no SP. And also on how much items a person could have if they were any strong. So I eventually deleted it because we had weapons at the time. But if we made another item section I don't know how much of a purpose it would serve... Idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)   VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VGM Updates, Don't panic. (HEY! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next