Video Game Maddness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Game Maddness

A Video Game based Roleplay site, where you Roleplay as a Canon Video Game Character, or your own Custom Character.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mega Man
Mega Man

Number of posts : 1335
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Character Status
Level: 14
Health:
Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives) Left_bar_bleue235/235Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives) Empty_bar_bleue  (235/235)
Skill Points:
Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives) Left_bar_bleue100/100Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives) Empty
PostSubject: Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives)   Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 8:47 am

Fun fact! This is my longest post I've ever made. Have fun reading through the entire thing~

Oh hey, another one of these revival posts...yeah...so it's still technically the beginning of 2013 to me, so I was thinking what a good New Year's gift would be. Then I struck the idea. Why not revive the site? The idea is fresh and brilliant, but lacking a plan of action. The problem is...not nearly enough users are on, and only one moderator exists currently (which would be me). And what I mean of currently is within the past 6 months. Quite a long span of time when you think about it, but such a short amount of time when it comes to life.

So! What we're looking at is two regular users (Proto Man and Fawful) and one Moderator (Mega Man) running the site right now. It seems...barbaric, outrageous and any other word that could possibly fit under this category. Somehow, we've managed to post at least once per two weeks for the past 5 or so months. But just us posting isn't going to attract new users, which means the perfect New Year's gift cannot be brought to life.

What I was originally thinking was to do what I did last year, but that would seem as if I am copying myself. I figure though that was smart and did bring back users temporarily, it wasn't a smart enough solution. Then I thought to try a template that users could fill out on ideas to bring back the site. It seemed clever, but realized that, well, there are only two others around (at this time). Finally, I found an answer that has potential. Why not combine the two ideas? With the success of the last attempt and also bringing in another factor into play, this could be more effective. So with that, let me state the template.

Name when first registered: (This should be obvious: find your first post if possible and find what character you were)
Current Name: (Look at your username and copy here. Can't be any simpler)
Favorite Year: (Basically, what year did you enjoy the most?)
Why: (Relates to Favorite Year: why did you choose that specific year?)
Site Rating: (Also very simple. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you like the site? 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, of course)
Revival Idea: (Share any and all suggestions on how to revive this wonderful site! Seriously, we need them all)
How: (How will you, a VGM user, carry out your idea? State what you or someone else can do to help revive the site)
Final Message (unless revived): (Sadly, it brings me to this of a last ditch effort to bring back the site. If nothing else works, the final messages usually have so much emotion that it can actually cause users to return. No seriously, remember last year?)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Example Post (also my post)!
Name when first registered: Giratina (my my those days...)
Current Name: Mega Man (I'm the guy who has been typing all of this for the past half-hour)
Favorite Year: Hard to tell, but either 2008 or 2009.
Why: Those were the years where the site was at it's eruption. At the best it could possibly be. The amount of posts were booming! Whenever I came on, no matter what time, I wasn't alone. It was that popular.
Site Rating: Givin' a 9. This site, though not so hot now, was the high-point of my childhood. It made me feel welcome on the internet.
Revival Idea: One possible idea that works sometimes is E-Mail, though as stated by Mario in the 2012 thread, there are people who are guilty of not checking their e-mail (including himself and I).
How: The idea states how I shall help revive the site. Now I need to find out how to get their e-mail without seeming like a stalker.
Final Message (unless revived): This has been a wacky ride through the internet. I was really hoping that Mario and I were able to finish off the robot masters, but alas, it doesn't look like this is happening the way the site has been falling...and at first, like everyone on the site, I acted stupid. But unlike many other forums, this site had fantastic moderators (Kirby, Mario and many others) and the best admin (Sonic) I have seen on a forum. And also, the site WAS quite popular. I found it while searching Tails on Google (yeah I know, weird huh?) and became addicted to role-playing right away. With a well-built community, this was one forum not to pass up on. But as the years went by, over half of the users left, and all moderators with the exception of Mario and Sonic (if you consider an admin a moderator). They didn't give up, but about 9 months later, Sonic seems to disappear. He came on once every two months around. And one of those days, I was appointed a moderator, the only other one besides Mario. If anyone is reading this from back in the 2007-2011, I'm sorry, but you had to see this coming one day as soon as Sonic stopped his daily routine. Users from late 2011-later years, this site may be considered (unless Sonic comes and runs the site again) DEAD. Also, this totally wasn't CTRL-V'd at all~

So there we go, about an hour of typing just for this site...hopefully this wasn't in vain. If Sonic comes and appoints a new admin, we may be able to move from there. That's going to be the problem though: getting Sonic back on. It is unknown whether or not Sonic still checks on the site while logged off every now and then, and I don't think anyone knows his e-mail. Sort of happy 2013 everyone who still is lingering around (which is a whole two other people as far as I can tell).
Back to top Go down
https://videogamemaddness.forumotion.com
Protoman
Protoman

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Character Status
Level: 4
Health:
Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives) Left_bar_bleue90/90Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives) Empty_bar_bleue  (90/90)
Skill Points:
Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives) Left_bar_bleue80/80Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives) Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives)   Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 8:42 pm

Name when first registered: Ike(?)
Current Name: Protoman
Favorite Year: I can't remember the exact year, but it was about 2-3 years ago
Why: It was a time where the site was active. Many people went on, and while I have no problem with roleplaying with the same people now, it was fun to have a choice.
Site Rating: 10. I wish it could come back.
Revival Idea: Advertise on other forums. Especially WCC, it is massive and one of our friends (made by Kirby, though she doesn't go on anymore)
How: I'm going to advertise on the chatbox and post an advertisement in the advertisements section
Final Message (unless revived): It was nice to know all of you, whether you are still here or left. The forum was amazing and it is sad to see it decline. But if we can bring it back far enough it might just save itself.
Back to top Go down
Fawful
Fawful

Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2009-12-05

Character Status
Level: 8
Health:
Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives) Left_bar_bleue130/130Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives) Empty_bar_bleue  (130/130)
Skill Points:
Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives) Left_bar_bleue120/120Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives) Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)

PostSubject: Re: Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives)   Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Name When First Registered: Fawful
Current Name: Fawful
Favorite Year: 2010.
Why: Extremely active around this point. The roleplaying was varied, but in a good way because of the quantity of members.
Site Rating: 10. No-brainer.
Revival Idea: Make a Steam group about the site.
How: Put a link to the site in the description of the group. Invite a bunch of people and ask them to join the site. Presto.
Final Message (Unless Revived): It was a huge disappointment when the site began it's decline. It was great, with so many people hustling about (like a market?). Well, all the memories of my earlier childhood belong here, where they rest quietly. Thanks for the times, and... goodbye. I'll certainly try to keep it running, but for now, this is one of my last statements.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives)   Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy 2013? (or how we can't get enough revives)
Page 1 of 1